Brand engagement is always top of mind for the business growth you want to achieve because it is by engaging your customers and potential customers that you get them to buy from you, come back to you (when they need what you have to offer), and it’s also what gets them to spread the word, and tell their friends and family all about you and your business.
Online content is the first step to how you can create any brand engagement at all. The quality of that content, and what type of content it is, are what contribute to creating more brand engagement.
As you are probably aware, online content varies in type, placement, and creation.
- The types of content can include articles and blogs, videos, and whitepapers or lead generation content, to name a few.
- Placement of that content include your website, social media channels, emails, and/or advertisement (both online and offline ad opportunities).
- The creation aspects are what you write and put together visually with in mind the needs of your customers and potential customers related to what you have to offer to fill those needs; reactions and/or feelings you want to generate through the content you create for branding purposes and in an effort to engage readers/viewers (customers and potential customers), create a connection with them, and a continuous relationship with them.
Step two to create more brand engagement is ensuring the content that you create is interesting and catchy, inspirational and motivational, emotional and evocative, that it grows the connection with the people you are talking to and getting in front of, and that it always stays in sync with your brand’s message, through and through.
More brand engagement is essentially going to be created as your online content gets those who see it to have a good reaction, to stay interested and want to take action; to click a link that you shared with a marketing video because it really grabbed their attention and interest, and to get website visitors to want to purchase from your website after seeing a video or reading a blog about the product and/or service you’re offering.
As a Virtual Video Producer that gives businesses the possibility to use their very own video maker online to create marketing videos, we are slightly biased toward video as the best type of content to get you to boost brand engagement and business.
This is for sure our step three for you to create more brand engagement, having marketing videos as part of your content plan.
Favoritism for video aside, year after year, studies show just how powerful and effective video content is when it comes to creating brand engagement, brand awareness and conversion from visitors, followers, readers, to customers and ones that stick around because they’ve grown fond of you and your business, because they feel a connection with what you stand for and what you have to offer, because that’s what you can convey through a video (it is that powerful).
In case you’re wondering about some of the stats from recent years around video content and how it creates more brand engagement, here are some of them.
These Forbes stats show you how video content engages users to stay longer on your website and remember a call to action:
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (2018).
- Viewers are 95% more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text format (2017).
These Optinmonster, 2019, stats show you how marketing videos affect leads and convert them to clients, as well as the increase in brand awareness they generate.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year with video content.
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness with video content.
- 93% of marketers have landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media.
Last, but not least, various stats from different sources.
- Facebook trends over the past five years reveal that video remains the best performing post type on the platform, generating some 59% more engagement than other post types (BuzzSumo, 2019).
- 8 out of 10 people have purchased a piece of software or app after watching a brand’s video (Wyzowl, 2019).
- Views of branded video content have increased 99% on YouTube and 258% on Facebook between 2016 and 2017 (Wyzowl, 2019).
- According to Buffer, “video is largely underutilized” on Facebook; and after analyzing more than 16 million social media posts, they concluded in their analysis that video gets a lot more engagement than other types of posts, including photos, links, and plain text posts (Buffer, 2016).
- On Facebook, video gets three times as much engagement as any other kind of content, but in the 7 posts that brands share on Facebook per week, far less than 1% are videos (Buffer, 2016).
- Video generates more engagement than any other content type on Instagram (SocialMediaToday, 2019).
- 1 in 4 shoppers say they use YouTube to search for a video related to a product they are considering to purchase at a store (YouTube, 2019).
These are only some of the stats you’ll find online; there are many, many more. The part that is clear is just how much of an impact you make to brand engagement with video. Whether it’s videos on your website and social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram) or for ads.
You also see how much of an advantage it can be for your business to jump on the video band wagon before everybody else does too. When so many businesses are underutilizing video, this creates a vantage point for those businesses who start using it consistently in their content distribution.
This leads us to step four to create more brand engagement: plan your video content strategy and output for the year or for some months at a time, maybe every quarter so you can analyze the data you get from your website and social media platforms on how your video content is engaging people.
Doing this is going to help you know how much you want to create, how to differ in what you create, and mix it up, as well as where to add video on your website, change the marketing videos you’re sharing on social media channels like Facebook and YouTube, and always work steadily towards growing more brand engagement through the video content you create and post online or use in ads.
Visuo understands the challenge for businesses to create video content continuously. This is a primary reason why videos are still such an underutilized piece of content in the marketing strategy and application of businesses worldwide.
To solve this impactful problem that keeps businesses at a disadvantage with brand engagement and more, our step five for more brand engagement is for you to find an easy way to create your own video content.
With a video creation software you no longer have a challenge to creating video content and with Visuo being a virtual video producer, since we provide you with the pictures and software to easily and quickly create your own video, the problem of how to get enough videos for your business to use and post online is solved.
We’ve got your back and are excited to hear about the amazing impact you’ll find in brand engagement for your business thanks to the use of video!