With YouTube and Facebook being two of the social media platforms with the highest number of users; all businesses use one or the other, or both; to grow brand awareness, to reach and engage with followers (who are customers and/or potential customers), and to grow their business. In fact, you convert potential customers (of which some start out as followers) to clients; which is why increasing followers is important (besides the vanity metric “number of followers” that adds to your brand’s status online, which is now only partially still accounted for as a metric, since social media platforms are starting to hide those numbers as you’ve noticed and/or read about in the news).
Conversion to, growing, and doubling followers begins when you are able to give people a reason to visit and keep coming back to your YouTube channel and Facebook page. That is, once you get in front of them through the content you post on YouTube and Facebook (videos or not) and with that content being compelling in such a way to entice them to click subscribe or follow and return, as well as spread the word about your YouTube channel and Facebook page.
To keep followers coming back and becoming advocates/fans of your brand, you have to keep giving them reasons why.
- Reasons that motivate existing followers and new ones to come back have everything to do with growing a connection with them. This connection involves: trust, engagement, interest, and everything that gets you to go back to the brands you follow with great passion and excitement on Facebook and YouTube.
You may think, ok, this doesn’t really give me a trick or tip to doubling followers through the use of YouTube and Facebook videos; but it actually does, and it’s one of the most powerful tips, which gets overlooked all the time when discussing how to grow followers with the YouTube and Facebook videos that you use, create, and/or share online.
The break down is this: You are a person, and psychologically speaking you follow brands for the same reasons people will follow yours. If you think about what made you want to follow and keep going back to certain brands, you enter the mindset of what every person wants from the content that businesses share on YouTube and Facebook. The main characteristics to keep in mind, are the ones listed in what you can do to motivate people to follow your YouTube channel and Facebook page (that was listed above).
- To reiterate what they are and add another important characteristic to grow followers through your YouTube and Facebook videos: trust, engagement, interest, and consistency of online video production (since without videos you have nothing to connect or motivate people with when they come across your YouTube channel and Facebook page).
Thanks to the power video content holds in connecting with people (as discussed on the blog post regarding social media content and the use of online video creation to generate jaw dropping content) you know you can successfully create and encompass the characteristics needed to double followers and keep them growing.
YouTube and Facebook video ads help you to grow followers as well, but not everyone wants to run ads; and it’s not so much the ads that make the difference as much as it is the actual online video content you create and share online. The quality of the online videos you create is what makes the difference; whether distributing them to your YouTube channel and Facebook page organically or with the help of ads.
In recognizing the need for consistent distribution of video online content and quality of that content, alongside the power of video, you know you have to distribute YouTube and Facebook videos on a daily basis, more than once a day preferably, if you’re going to have any hopes of doubling your followers.
You also know that you need to differentiate yourself through the videos you post online, if you’re going to beat competitors, stand out, and keep engaging followers with the YouTube and Facebook videos you post.
The more you can stand out and change up the online video content you create and post on YouTube and Facebook, the more you stay interesting, engaging, and keep followers spreading the word about your YouTube channel and Facebook page to their friends and family (this means organic growth, and with YouTube and Facebook video ads you also add that extra boost in visibility needed to get in front of even more of the right eyes).
When we break it down to a check list format, doubling followers with your YouTube and Facebook videos involves you:
- Creating and using Facebook and YouTube videos regularly.
- Creating Facebook and YouTube videos that are compelling, engaging, and inspiring.
- Differentiating yourself from competitors with the Facebook and YouTube videos you create.
- Having your YouTube and Facebook videos create a ‘wow’ effect that reflects your brand’s mission and connects with followers in a way that builds trust, passion, and interest.
- The cycle repeats and the best part is that thanks to paying attention to your followers’ response to the marketing videos you create and share, you’ll know how to keep the quality up with your YouTube and Facebook videos.
The biggest hurdle that businesses face in what they need to grow followers through YouTube and Facebook videos is the video creation process itself.
- Creating videos to meet the need of quantity (consistency), quality (‘wow’ factor), and differentiation (fresh, different, stands out as a video) from competitors.
Questions and concerns related to creating your own videos are about how to do this, what is needed, and what is ideal and cost-effective as a solution.
To create YouTube and Facebook videos that stand out you are going to need:
- A way to create your own video.
- Something that is not too time consuming, so an easy video maker online.
- Your very own virtual video producer with all the pictures you could ever need.
- The ability to have the video creation software format your marketing videos in the size needed to post them on YouTube and Facebook (the sizes differ for each platform).
- Have your videos online, so that you can easily access and share them on YouTube and Facebook.
Visuo gives you the chance to do all of this and you can start for free.
As you begin using your very own virtual video producer and creating the compelling content that differentiates you from your competitors, you’ll notice the positive impact it has for your YouTube channel and Facebook page followers growth, and also your branding efforts.
You also rejoice in just how easy it is to create online videos in the quantity that you need daily without having to break a sweat to find pictures or manually compose your own video, which is what happens when you don’t have an easy video maker online to make use of at any time.
Let us know about your success stories using Visuo to create your YouTube and Facebook videos!